Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Dr. Mitchell R. Lester received his undergraduate and medical degrees from Brown University in Providence, RI. He completed his internship and residency in Pediatrics at Brown University Affiliated Hospitals. Dr. Lester practiced general pediatrics for 5 years before he did his Allergy/Immunology Fellowship at National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine in Denver, CO. Dr. Lester was the former Clinical Director, Division of Immunology and Director of the Pediatric Asthma Center both at Children’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts before moving to FCAAIA in 1999. Dr. Lester is a repeat recipient of “Top Doc” honors in Fairfield County, the New York metro area, and Connecticut.
In addition to his FCAAIA practice, Dr. Lester has been active in the advancement of Allergy/Immunology at the regional and national levels.
- He is on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Allergy and Immunology.
- He started a 3 year term as a member of the Board of Regents of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology in 2016.
- He sat on the Executive Committee of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Allergy/Immunology for 6 years.
- He is the former President of the New England Society of Allergy (NESA), having previously served as its Director of Continuing Medical Education (CME). He now sits on the NESA Executive Council as an Emeritus Member.
- He is a reviewer and sub-editor (Allergy/Immunology) for Pediatric OnCall and former Contributing Editor to AAP Ground Rounds, a CME publication of the AAP.
- He has lectured nationally and internationally on numerous subjects related to asthma and allergy.
- He is the author or co-author of over 40 original articles and invited reviews.
- Serves as a peer-reviewer for several refereed medical journals.
- Attending Physician at Greenwich Hospital.
- Attending Physician at Norwalk Hospital.
- Attending Physician at Stamford Hospital.
Diplomat, American Board of Allergy & Immunology
Diplomat, American Board of Pediatrics