1. CONTINUING CORONA CALENDAR CHANGES
We find it necessary to adjust our office hours again starting Monday, July 6. We recognize that our frequent adjustments are inconvenient, confusing, and unfair to our patients. Unfortunately, the times require our flexibility but we will try hard to change office hours less frequently than we have been over the last few months.
Starting Monday, July 6 (and to remain so until our next notice) the following office hours apply:
- NORWALK: Open MONDAY and WEDNESDAY 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15), FRIDAY 7-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-4 (last shots at 3:15).
- GREENWICH: Open MONDAY, TUESDAY, and THURSDAY: 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15). Shots by appointment only.
- STAMFORD: Open MONDAY and TUESDAY: 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15). FRIDAY 7-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-4 (last shots at 3:15).
- RIDGEFIELD Office is closed, but your allergy shot vials are in the Norwalk office.
- MONDAY: Norwalk, Greenwich, and Stamford: 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15). Greenwich shots by appointment only.
- TUESDAY: Greenwich and Stamford: 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15). Greenwich shots by appointment only.
- WEDNESDAY: Norwalk 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15).
- THURSDAY: Greenwich: 8-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-5 (last shots at 4:15). Shots by appointment only.
- FRIDAY: Norwalk and Stamford: 7-12 (last shots at 11:15) and 1:15-4 (last shots at 3:15).
2. CONNECTICUT QUARANTINE REGULATIONS
As you are aware, Gov. Lamont issued an order on June 24 requiring a two week self-quarantine by people entering Connecticut from states with increasing COVID rates are skyrocketing. I will not be surprised if the requirement later also applies to those coming from other states.
The rule applies to you if you returned from any of these states after Wednesday, June 24 (this list was updated on June 30):
California North Carolina
Florida South Carolina
If you fall into this group, please call our office if it is necessary to reschedule your appointment for after the two week quarantine. Similarly, if you are calling to schedule an appointment, please wait two weeks before coming in. When you call, we will ask if you have been in any of the eight states and when you returned. We will also ask you when you arrive for your shots or appointments.
If we need to reschedule your appointment, please understand we are not singling you out. This is a public health emergency. The same rules that apply to our patients apply to our staff and doctors.
3. WE ARE STILL SOCIAL DISTANCING: OFFICE VISITS, LIVE AND REMOTE
We must not over crowd our waiting rooms and exam rooms. We are seeing NEW patients and patients who require allergy TESTING in the office. Food challenges will be done if it is urgent to do so. Otherwise we may choose to defer them a little longer.
Follow up visits are still being done remotely via ZOOM. Our office staff will give you your doctors ZOOM account number. You will NOT be able to access your visit via MY CAHRT
Telemedicine DOs and DON’Ts
- DO call to schedule a Telemedicine appointment with your doctor.
- DO make sure you get your doctor’s “Meeting Identification Number.”
- DO ignore ANY text message or email from My Chart! Telemedicine visits ARE NOT via My Chart
- DO go to ZOOM.COM or ZOOM.US at least 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- DO click on “JOIN A MEETING” at the upper right.
- DO enter the Meeting Identification Number in the space provided.
- DO be patient and wait for your doctor to let you enter the meeting. It might take a few minutes if your doctor has to finish another visit first.
- DO NOT pay any attention to text messages or emails from My Chart (it will not work!).
- If you have a ZOOM account, DO NOT sign in to ZOOM. It might not work.
- DO NOT disconnect from ZOOM if your doctor does not pick up right away. We are probably finishing up with another patient.
We look forward to seeing you!